What????? Oh FOUR CREAMY Mushroom Pies...why didn't you say so?
is It ?
crust pastry base, filled with tender pieces of Quorn myco-protein with
sliced mushrooms in a rich creamy sauce topped with light puff
pastry". In other word a vegetarian analogue for Chicken and
It doesn't look
much....and it isn't
to find it
The long shelf life of this product, coupled with the fact that it will
live for ages in the freezer, means that this product is amongst the
easiest to find. Always worth a look when your favourite cold cabinet
dish is not available.
Matthew, I will be complementing with Heinz Baked Beans (avec Mixed
Herbs) and Instant Mash Potato.
Just how do you
get every last bean out of that can? Bemuddlement Chefs
recommend a 1kg Club Hammer 7.99 from B&Q. Note bean free
||Lindmans Chardonnay Wine
Box to the rescue and good job too, this dish takes an age to cook so
quietly sipping away passes the time in an almost constructive manner.
- Pies take 30-35 mins at 200 deg C
- Baked Beans Take approx 5 mins to warm
- Instant Mash.......OK.....a bit of GCSE Physics is
Q. How long does it take to prepare one serving of
Instant mash potato given that.....
- The Energy to raise the temperature of 1g of Water
by 1 deg C is 4.2 Joules
- There is 750 ml is water required
- The kettle is rated at 800W
- The water pours from the kettle at 87 ml/sec
- 30 seconds stirring time is required
- Water from the tap is 22 deg C
- 1 ml of water weighs 1g
- First we need to know the energy required to boil
the water...we can use the formula
- Energy = Specific Heat capacity of Water * mass of
Water * Delta Change in Temperature
- Energy = 4.2 J/g * 750ml * (100 -22)
- Energy = 245,700 Joules
Now Assuming Energy = Power * Time....then
- Time to Boil = Energy / Power
- Time to Boil = 245,700 / 800W
- Time to Boil = 307.125 seconds
Time to Pour
- Time to Pour = Total Mass of Water / Flow Rate
- Time to Pour = 750 / 87
- Time to Pour = 8.6207 Seconds
Total Time therefore
- Total Time = Time to Pour + Time to Boil + Stirring
- Total Time = 8.6207 + 307.125 + 30
- Total Time = 345.7457 Seconds or 5 minutes 45.75
Which is well within the time to cook the Pie
Oh dear we are
315.7457 seconds into the preparation and already too much water
has been added to the Instant Smash. Enter our secret ingredient....Sainsbury's
Instant Mash potato. It's fine powder nature, enables mixing
into the Instant Smash Avoiding unnecessary Smash lumpiness.
- Pie = 334 Cals
- Instant Mash = 97 Cals per serving
- beans = 330 Cals per time
- Wine = n * 200, where n is any number you like
||With all those
Beans...it has to be the wonderfully restored "Italian Job".
With that great line
"Your a big man, but your out of shape"
Bon Appetite. "I like my Birds
to smell a bit Mumsy"